“I just want my kid back!” – Parents everywhere (You are not alone)
Teen Residential Treatment Center Curriculum
At Fire Mountain Wellness, we offer a broad recovery curriculum designed to help troubled teens and adolescents grow into thoughtful, confident young adults. If your teen hasn’t been acting like themselves lately, or you suspect that something more serious is going on – such as substance abuse, mental illness or delinquency – we can help. By combining the latest rehabilitation techniques with holistic care that supports long-term healing, our inclusive recovery program can get your teen back on track and develop the skills they’ll need to transform their lives and achieve the health, happiness and success they deserve.
Is Fire Mountain Right for my Teen?
It isn’t always easy to tell if your teen’s behavior calls for professional help. Getting into trouble, acting out and so-called teenage rebellion is a normal part of growing up, and most teens push their boundaries as they figure out who they are. The guidance of parents, teachers and other trusted adults can be enough to help kids navigate this difficult period in life, but sometimes underlying issues can result in dangerous or reckless behavior that requires more attention. If you’re worried that your teen has gone too far and needs professional intervention, some red flags may to look out for may include:
- Truancy and poor academic performance
- Violent or criminal behavior
- Substance abuse
- Increased recklessness or attention-seeking
- Self-harm or suicidal thoughts
- Drastic changes in appetite or eating habits
- Isolating from friends and family
- Promiscuity or lewdness
- Excessive gaming, internet use or screen time
It’s important to remember that each teen is different and the above list is not exhaustive. You also shouldn’t compare your teen’s behavior to others – significant changes in mood, behavior or personality are alarming no matter what, and should be considered carefully on their own terms. If your teen is exhibiting signs that worry you, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Professional care can make a big difference in their lives, and Fire Mountain Wellness is prepared to help you and your teen overcome these issues in a safe and supportive environment.
What Does Fire Mountain’s Recovery Curriculum Treat?
The problems facing today’s teens are complex and varied. It’s already an awkward time teeming with hormones, peer pressure and poor judgment, but teens now live under a microscope on social media and are exposed to more sex, violence and profanity than ever at an earlier age. Several studies have noted the impact this can have on teens, from poor mental health and social skills to creating unrealistic expectations that are impossible to live up to. Combined with the typical challenges of being a teenager, serious behavioral problems can develop or worsen as teens work through these obstacles in an ever-changing world.
If your teen is struggling or has begun acting out, we can help. Troubling behavior and sudden personality or mood changes can emerge as a way to cope with difficult situations, or may point to an underlying issue that needs to be addressed. By providing a supportive and therapeutic environment for teens from all walks of life, Fire Mountain Wellness can give your child the tools and resources they need to make a positive change in their lives and grow into more thoughtful, responsible teenagers. Some of the concerns that we can address include:
- Mental health problems
- Substance abuse
- Process addictions (internet, sex, gaming, etc.)
- Family conflict
- Cutting and self-harm
- Poor self-esteem and body image
- Disordered eating
- Suicidal ideations
- Gender dysphoria
- Insecure attachment
- Mood swings
- Peer pressure
- Slipping grades
- Bullying and cyberbullying
- Adoption issues
Keep reading to learn more about the techniques and therapies offered in our recovery curriculum and how they can help. The minimum length of stay for teens in our program is four months, with most remaining enrolled for five to six months.
Counseling and Family Program for Teens
- Individual teen therapy sessions- 1-2 times per week
- Experiential Group therapy 3-4 times per day
- Family sessions 4-6 times per month (in person or video)
- Development of a Coming Home Contract Sample
- Quarterly Parent Education Weekend programs
- Wraparound Philosophy and Practice
Treatment Modalities for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Strength-Based Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- DBT and CBT
- Safety Planning and Relapse Prevention/Recovery
- 12-step program modified for teen mental health and substance abuse issues
Accredited Middle and Highschool
- Job skills: Interview preparation, resume development, job search skills
- Personal finance
- Renting apartments, tracking spending, college/education expenses planning
- Banking, savings, and credit
- Consumer behavior
- Social Media/Technology Safety
- Social skills
- Passion projects
- Cooking and kitchen skills
- Community Service
Teen Relationship Skills
- Identifying true friends vs. “frenemies”
- Understanding how to get needs met (“The Attachment Cycle“)
- Healthy communication skills
- Physical Conditioning 6 days per week: PE classes, cardio workouts, hiking, yoga, indoor rock climbing and martial arts (varies with seasons)
- Whole foods diet
- Western traditional and holistic medicine
- Time spent in nature
- Wolf/Canine assisted programs: one Sunday per month at Song of the Wolf Healing Center
- Exploration in Rocky Mountain National Park and surrounding national forest
The transition home is a critical time for teens and families. We encourage as much aftercare as possible.
- 6 weekly aftercare sessions included if insurance runs out
- 6 weekly aftercare sessions included for private pay clients
- Unlimited aftercare sessions at a per session or package rate
Contact Us Today
Start the path to freedom. Contact Fire Mountain Programs today to get the help you deserve.
We work with most insurance companies. We cannot take out-of-state Medicaid.(303) 443-3343
Join us for our upcoming Parents Weekend!
All times are 9 am-5 pm, and all events will be hosted on Zoom.